Owning your own portfolio of professional photographs for your business is a must if you want to appear professional and stand out from the crowd.
Too often, companies use stock images for their business. They use them for their website, for blogs, for social media posts – in fact for everything.
Occasionally people are caught out, because the image they have used is not a free image. For example, I’m sure most people know that Google images are not all free.
Have you ever realised how unprofessional it might look if the image you are using for your business pops up on another site for a business that is diametrically opposed to your values and beliefs? How would you feel about that?
Even if you pay for an image from a legitimate online library, it is unlikely you will be the only person using that image.
If you plan your PR ahead for your year, (which many of you may well have done during the last months of 2022), then, you can book a time with your photographer and ask them to take photos to match your blogs and social media posts. Alternatively, your photographer may already have a range of photos in his/her portfolio that they could sell to you to use.
5 types of photos you may require:
Alongside the photos you need for your social media, you may also need the following:
- You may be planning a special business celebration:
- A party for a milestone number of years in your business.
- Moving into new premises.
- New members of staff may be joining your business, and now is a good time to get a new group shot, and individual shots, so that when you introduce them in social media posts, you have images of everyone that match your brand.
- The coronation of King Charles In May.
- If you live in an area where there are links to King Charles, or you have may have some special celebrations arranged where you, alongside the community are going to celebrate his coronation. You could take pictures leading up to this, or if you get in early enough, book your photographer to drop by for part of the day. Failing the latter, take some photos before, and make sure you capture some images on your mobiles on the day.
- You might have a product that is going to celebrate the coronation. You will need to take photos well before to use in your PR and on any brochures or fliers.
- You may have events where you want both aerial and ground photography. Ariel photography is something you can’t capture yourself on mobile phones, so this is where professional photography is a must.
- This year might be the birth of a new product or project that you want to grow during 2023. Plan for any photos that can document that journey.
- If it’s a product, you might photograph the actual production of the product.
- On the other hand, if it is a project, capture images of the group of people collaborating on that project. Especially if it is members of your team working with a charity that you support.
I can help you with any of these types of photos. I already take photos for one of my client’s blogs. They tell me what they want, and I take photos to match the title. Or, alternatively, you can choose some images from the vast portfolio of images I already have.
Please contact me if you want to book in some time to capture the images of your business in 2023. firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01672 519101